SLEEP IS ESSENTIAL FOR HEALTH
According to researchers, those who sleep less than seven hours a night are nearly three times more likely to develop a cold than those who get eight or more hours of shuteye. “This study further supports just how important a consistent sleep schedule is to our health,” says Dr Carol Ash, a leading sleep expert and medical director.
“It shows what those of us in the sleep field have been trying to stress for years: Less sleep impairs the immune system and has a direct physiological impact. If you don’t get the right amount of sleep, you increase your risk of not only colds, but hypertension, strokes, heart attacks, and a slew of emotional issues as well.”
HOW TO CREATE A GOOD SLEEP HABITS.
Well-planned strategies are essential to deep, restorative sleep you can count on, night after night. By learning to avoid common enemies of sleep and trying out a variety of healthy sleep-promoting techniques, you can discover your personal prescription to a good night’s rest.
- Time to sleep. – You should determine when to sleep and go to bed on time every day. Because it allows your body to sleep and even the time to wake up.
- No heavy meal before bedtime. – Eating a heavy meal will make you sleep more difficult. Should eat a light dinner as least 2 hours before bed. In addition, you should not drink too much water before going to bed because we have to wake up at night to go to restroom. 1cup of water is enough before sleep.
- Avoid drinking coffee and alcohol.– Avoid it In the late afternoon and evening. Because these things will keep you after at all time. But for alcohol, it will make you feel at the first moment but when it is being metabolized the brain chemicals that can cause you panic.
- Select the appropriate mattress and pillow. – Choose a mattress and pillow to make you fall asleep easily. Create an atmosphere and environment that you like. it helps you fall asleep for a long time and fully relax.
- Get ready before going to bed. – What you should do the same bedtime every night, whether it’s a warm bath, reading or listening to music, to let the body know that it’s time to go to bed now.
- If you cannot sleep – within 15-20 mins, get up and do something else until you feel sleep, then go to bed. To force yourself to get a sleep, it is possibly kept you sleep harder.
HOW TO CHOOES A NEW MATTRESS.
As we just learned, getting a good night’s sleep depends on a lot of different factors — comfort, stress level, room temperature – but to get it right, you’ve got to start with the basics and your mattress is the first building block to a restful slumber.
If you’re in the market for a new mattress and have recently taken a stroll down the aisle of a bedding store, you know that there is a dizzying array from which to choose. How do you know which mattress is best for you?
The most important thing that you should look for, while buying a bed, is the comfort. Unless and until the bed is comfortable, you won’t enjoy sleeping on it. Therefore, you should always sit for a while on the bed and check if you can feel the comfort or not. Mattress manufacturers and retailers have dozens of names for different types of mattresses, but there are only really a few basic types:
Most mattresses contain some type of spring system deep inside, generally speaking the more springs a mattress contains the greater support it will offer. Although manufacturers offer differing variations, there are basically two different types of spring systems used in mattresses today:
The robust coiled or continuous spring systems are specifically designed to evenly distribute body weight over the surface of the mattress. Although each manufacturer varies the technology, they all feature row upon row of springs linked together with a spiral wire, which ensures the mattress retains its shape throughout its life.
Generally considered to more luxurious, these smaller lighter springs are individually wrapped in fabric pockets and work independently from one another. Imagine thousands of tiny pistons constantly adjusting and conforming to your body contours, ensuring complete support and comfort from head to toe.
Other types of mattresses
Whilst sprung mattresses are by far the most common, there are other types available which offer an excellent alternative:
Developed by Dunlopillo over 75 years ago, latex offers users with a list of unique benefits. Latex is hypo-allergenic and its anti-microbial properties inhibit bacteria, fungi and house dust mites – so can be particularly beneficial for people who suffer from respiratory problems. Latex also conforms perfectly to your body’s contours for superb comfort, neck and back support.
Memory Foam (Visco Elastic)
First used by NASA during the shuttle space programme, technologically advanced memory foam responds to body heat and weight to support you perfectly, relieving pressure points and helping relieve symptoms of backache, painful joints and circulatory problems.
As you’ve probably saw in these days on the market you can find all kind of beds : beds with computers, beds with plasma tvs, any many more. Of course every little thing cost you more. You can buy one of these but remember, a bed main purpose is to recharge your batteries, so don’t waste your money on expensive beds with lots of gadgets, rather make a wise decision and purchase something that will improve your life.
This article has been provided by Index Furniture Laos, offering all furniture solutions (Bedding, Living, Dining, Kitchen, Outdoor, Home decorations), with modern showroom at Nonghai village in Vientiane. Tel : 856)21 330 258 / 9