Mosquito Bites Blamed For Death Of Expat Volunteer Teaching In Laos

An east Lancashire man who was working in Laos has died after contracting a tropical disease believed to have been caused by mosquito bites.
HGV driver David Murray, also known as ‘Muzz’ to his friends, was three months into a year-long stay at a project aimed at teaching young orphans English when bites on his legs became infected.
The 39-year-old was taken to hospital by volunteers at the Sae Lao Project, in the village of Nathong, in Laos, but died after going …..

Read more

Monthly Newsletter